Agile Training from Mike Cottmeyer and Pillar
Written by Mike Cottmeyer Thursday, 25 February 2010 01:29
A few weeks ago, I put together a custom two-day course on Agile and Agile Project Management. I was so pleased with how it turned it out, I’ve decided to offer it publicly here in Atlanta. The course uses real life examples and project simulations so folks leave with some really solid anchor points and confidence that they can go back to their companies and actually do this stuff.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers and Project Managers that will be actively running agile projects
- Team Members that need to know how to deliver working software on an agile project
- Senior Leaders that want a hands on experience working in an agile environment
What You Will Learn?
Here is our preliminary backlog, but like we said, be prepared to inspect and adapt and change as we go!
- Background and history of Agile methodologies
- The importance of collaboration (exercise)
- Overview of agile principles, values, and practices
- The basic mechanics of Agile
- The importance of flow (exercise)
- The cultural impact of Agile
- User stories, estimation, and release planning
- Learn how to run an effective sprint/iteration planning meeting
- Learn how to run an effective daily stand-up meeting
- Learn how to run an effective sprint/iteration retrospective
- Understanding Scrum Roles: ScrumMaster, Product Owner, and Team
- Servant leadership (exercise)
- The role of traditional managers
- Common impediments to adopting agile
- Advanced topics as defined by the class