About Dennis Stevens
For over 25 years, I have been passionate about helping organizations deliver technology that makes a difference for their business.
After spending a decade as a developer I have been working in software development leadership and enterprise project management positions – coaching and leveraging Lean and Agile principles in software development for the last 10 years. I have earned certification as a Project Management Professional, in Lean Value Stream mapping, as an OPM3 Certified Consultant, as a Certified ScrumMaster, and as a Kanban Coach.
I am an advocate for responsible Lean and Agile Software Project Management practices in the Enterprise. Using this practices I have been able to consistently help organizations decrease time to value while improving quality and return on their software development efforts. In most cases, my clients develop the capabilities to sustain the improvements made over time.
I have two children and have been active as a baseball and basketball coach – helping a team win the 12U Girl’s AAU National Championship in 2008. I was awarded the Naval Commendation Medal by the Marine Corps during Desert Storm and originally attended Florida State University on a violin scholarship. I have a degree in Organizational Psychology and Development.
I stay active working to advance agile software development project management – actively volunteering in the community, publishing on several topics, speak frequently, and am active on my blog and twitter.
- Deputy Project Manager developing PMI’s Organizational Project Management Maturity Model Second Edition
- Core Team Member of IIBA’s rewrite of the Agile Extension to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge.
- Board Member of PMI Agile Virtual Community
- Member of PMI’s OPM3 Services Advisory Group
- Charter Member of ICAgile
- Co-authored June 2008 Harvard Business Review “The Next Revolution in Productivity” http://hbr.org/2008/06/the-next-revolution-in-productivity/ar/1.
- Co-authored July 2009 Cutter Executive Report “Rethinking the Agile Enterprise” http://www.cutter.com/offers/rethinking.html use the promotional code: RETHINKING
- Co-authored Microsoft Technet article “Cloud Computing: Where to Start When you have Already Started” http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff709382.aspx
- Co-author of “Introduction to to the Agile BABOK”http://dl.dropbox.com/u/572164/Agile%20Extension%20to%20the%20BABOK%20Guide%20-%20Introduction.pdf
- Co-author of “Kanban for Agile Teams”, A Version One White Paper
- Synaptus White Paper: Feeding the Agile Beast: Capability Mapping to Deliver Business Value
- Synaptus White Paper: Taming the Agile Enterprise: Value Network Mapping
- Contributor: “Re-Th!nk: A Business Manifesto for Cutting Costs and Boosting Innovation” by Ric Merrifield
- Contributor: “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business” by David J. Anderson
- Agile Atlanta
- PMI Professional Development
- Scrum Atlanta
- Scrum Gathering – Orlando
- Lean Software and Systems Conference – Atlanta
- Agile 2010 – Orlando
- Southern Fried Agile – Charlotte
- twitter: @dennisstevens
- blog: http://www.dennisstevens.com/
- linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dennisstevens
- facebook: http://www.facebook.com/synaptus
- business: http://www.synaptus.com/