When organizations move to agile for software delivery, there is often tension with traditional portfolio management. This talk will illustrate how an organization can move from traditional portfolio management approaches to one that embraces agile software delivery. Doing so enables organizations to become predictable, improve the flow of value delivered, and pivot more quickly if necessary.
We will demonstrate the use of governance that allows a more adaptive portfolio management approach. We will cover topics that enable agile portfolio management including:
- Lean techniques for managing flow
- Effective prioritization techniques
- Long range road-mapping
- Demand management and planning
- Progressively elaborated business cases
- Validation of outcomes
- Support for audit and compliance needsThese topics will be illustrated by real-world examples of portfolio management that have been proven over the last five years with a wide range of clients.
The session will take place in Room 6. See: Rick Austin – Portfolio Management in An Agile World for more session details.
Visit agiledc.org for additional event information and registration.