Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster Training Course
CST Dave Prior leads the hands-on two-day learning experience which is divided up into four Sprints in order to allow participants to fully immerse themselves in the Scrum framework. The learning modules for the course are listed in a Product Backlog that is prioritized by participants at the start of each Sprint. During training, each attendee will work through four iterations, experiencing every step of the Scrum workflow. Each module includes group and/or individual exercises to reinforce the learning and help provide the participants with concrete practice in using Scrum. Dave will provide numerous examples and stories about what happens when you step out of the classroom and practice Scrum in the wild.
Who should attend:
The course is a great fit for anyone new to Scrum or who has been practicing it in the field and needs to reacquaint themselves with the Scrum framework. If you are coming from a traditional (waterfall) background are skeptical about, or struggling with getting your head around Agile, this class is for you. With Dave’s experience transitioning from traditional project management to Agile, he takes special care to try and pave an easier way for the participants who are struggling to adopt Agile.
This class covers all required material for CSM as well as some additional Agile topics that are beneficial to the conversation. The focus is on providing the participants with practical tools and techniques they can use in their work as a ScrumMaster. The primary topics are listed below. Participants will also have the option of adding topics of their own choosing as time allows. This course covers all the content required for ScrumMaster Certification as defined by the Scrum Alliance here.
Agenda includes (but is not limited to):
- Agile Overview
- Scrum Theory
- Scrum Roles
- Scrum Meetings
- Scrum Artifacts
- Definition of Done
- Scrum Tracking and Reporting
- Agile Facilitation
- Agile Coaching
- Servant Leadership
- Coaching the Product Owner
- Imediment Removal
- Coaching the Organization
- Value of Engineering Practices
If you have any questions about the course, please feel free to contact us via phone or email. We are always happy to talk to prospective students.
- Class begins at 9 AM and will run until 5 PM both days
- Lunch will be provided
- Participants are required to be fully engaged in all class activities in order to qualify for certification.Students who miss more than 1 hour of class time will not be eligible for the certification
- Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be required to successfully complete the Scrum Alliance CSM Assessment test before receiving their certification
- Participants who complete this course qualify for 14 PDUs
- Registration includes 2 year certification with Scrum Alliance
* Group, military, student and unemployment discounts are available. For more information contact LeadingAgile Training.
What’s the refund policy?