Last night I had a great opportunity to deliver this slide deck to the Turner…
Backlogs, Teams, and Working Tested Software are the fundamental preconditions that must exist for an organization to be able to do agile well. In agile these three things have very specific meanings. Compromising on the quality of the backlog, the completeness of the team or the definition of working tested software always decreases agility.
Most organizations underestimate the amount of time and energy it takes to create backlogs with the needed level of granularity.
- User stories written in a consistent format
- 1-3 days in size
- Agreement on method of collaboration
Teams that don’t stay together and aren’t able to get to a definition of done stop believing they can and will never stabilize velocity.
- 6-8 People
- Work together side by side
- Swarm to develop solutions
- Has the ability to produce what is in the backlog.
Working Tested Software
- Have to know what done looks like
- Need to be able to get to done by the end of the sprint.