The Finance Process Specialist supports efforts to provide process optimization capabilities to our clients. The Finance Process Specialist will work collaboratively across LeadingAgile peers, expedition leads, and transformation lead to identify, analyze and implement opportunities for improvement that can be leveraged by our clients.
This position leverages continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, Design Thinking) to deliver business process design and cost savings in the context of product and team funding and reporting. The Specialist will leverage data and insights to identify opportunities and initiate new initiatives by assessing needs, translating the needs into requirements for the right solutions, and working with the delivery team and client to prioritize potential projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with client partners from the finance organization to design and develop a funding model and supporting process that will enable an agile software development approach
- Identify demand management, finance and business process re-engineering opportunities as appropriate
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to identify business requirements of existing (as-is) or to-be processes
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts to create process documentation to be used in implementing process improvements, ensuring alignment with all process policies and procedures
- Maintain Process Optimization documentation repository that can be leveraged across the organization
- Assist in maintaining existing documentation as changes are made to processes
- Establish partnership with client and serve as a liaison with appropriate personnel to understand system capabilities and requirements
- Provide project management support for transformation engagements, working closely with peers, expedition leads and transformation lead
- Develop project timelines/plans to drive progress
- Provide proactive, ongoing communication related to in progress projects
- Provide input to project proposal development, including creation of the statement of work, including project requirements, risk, time and cost of project and identifies the technical approach and key deliverables of a given project
Process Optimization Program Support
- Assist in establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and other metrics to monitor the Process Optimization program
- Report generation utilizing Excel and other reporting tools and various data sources
- Gather and report metrics related to Process Optimization processes
- Automation Support
- Identify business process automation opportunities as appropriate
- Partner and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to create process documentation to be used in implementing automated projects, ensuring alignment with all process policies and procedures
- Leverage LeadingAgile’s software suite to facilitate projects (e.g. SharePoint, Miro)
- Experience leading change effort to shift an organization from Project centric operations to Product / Capability centered operations.
- Experience building business process flows and working to operationalize
- Experience with Lean / Six Sigma
- Works effectively with Kanban and Scrum approaches, and coaches and mentors teams to improve their lean/agile approach. This includes concepts and activities such as improving flow, limiting work in progress, backlog definition and refinement (e.g. story breakdown), and fast delivery of value
- Partnering with the methodology team, business architect and the business process specialist, decomposes processes, documents gaps and inefficiencies, documents process improvements and measures effectiveness.
- 5 plus years of experience in developing and implementing organization-wide transformation execution/rollout plans, including tactics for dealing with dependencies and resistance in complex, matrixed organizations.
- Breadth of experience in a variety of Agile Practices (Lean, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.) and a strong point of view on change management approaches.
- Willingness to travel up to 80% (Mondays to Thursdays at client sites is the norm).
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in high-pressure situations, the ability to defuse stressful situations and influence middle management perspectives, and the confidence to make decisions under time constraints that are rooted in a deep understanding of the potential impacts and associated risks.