LeadingAgile is a management consulting firm that focuses on complex problems associated with large scale transformation efforts. We are not your typical management consulting firm that just provides a deck of recommendations and leaves the client to figure out the difficult tasks of actually implementing those recommendations on their own. Instead, we roll our sleeves up with our clients and coach and consult with them to ensure those recommendations are actually achieved and the benefits are realized. Being a part of an organization where business agility is its main goal and ethos is not only unique but inspiring. Being a part of LeadingAgile, you are constantly surrounded by some of the greatest minds in the agile community.
Within LeadingAgile, we have a fast-paced and high-achieving Finance and Operations Team. This year we should quintuple our revenues and headcount from 2015. That is super charged growth and given our market position and future opportunities, to quote the Great One, Wayne Gretzky, the Company is truly positioned where the puck is headed. If you want to be part of this exciting ride into the Company’s next decade of growth, we have an opportunity within the Finance and Operations Team for you.
About the Opportunity
The Controller is a key leadership position within the Finance and Operations team. It is a new role that will be responsible for maintaining a focus on continuous improvement including financial reporting and compliance, maintenance and updating of accounting policies, procedures and processes essential to success in this position. You will be measured on your ability to ensure that the accounting function continues to adapt to the Company’s continual shifting business model and strategies.
- Responsible for integrity of Close process including reconciliation; ensure accurate, timely reporting of monthly results and related analysis
- Maximize functionality of ERP/EPM and related systems and ensure Company is leveraging its full potential for effectiveness and reporting
- Prepare Company’s external financial statements and footnotes for executive team, external CPA and Bank
- Responsible for preparing organization and accounting function to go through Annual CPA Review with independent audit firm
- Ensure compliance with revenue recognition (ASC 606) within customer contractual terms and conditions
- Review third party agreements to identify accounting and other business issues
- Oversee the accounting and administration of Stock Based Compensation, Leases, and State Franchise, Sales, Use taxes & other related tax issues
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal controls to ensure compliance with internal policies & accounting and financial regulatory and statutory law requirements
- Responsible for Procurement to Pay including Vendor Management, contracting and payment
- Experience or familiarity with completing and/or reviewing monthly payroll processes.
- Working with CFO manage the Corporate Insurance programs
- Working closely with management and executive teams prepare necessary financial reports and analysis
- Improve efficiencies and reduce costs across the business
- Working with the Financial Analyst, manage the annual budgeting and planning process in concert with the CFO
- Oversee the rolling forecast process with collaboration of the CFO
- As the organization continues to grow, this role may have direct reports – experience managing people is a plus
As the Controller and key member of the Finance Leadership Team, you will have leadership and accountability for the finance functions responsible for financial close, financial reporting, statutory accounting and state taxes. As an organizational leader you will be responsible for team development. You will promote a results-oriented focus in others and earn the confidence and credibility to partner with executive leaders, external auditors and other stake holders.
What We Look For
- High-level of Integrity
- Detail Oriented and Focused
- Problem Solver
- Strong Verbal and Written Communicator
- Results Oriented
- Leadership by Example – truly hands on
- Relationship and Team Builder
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and standardizing core processes to accelerate the business without overcomplicating the ways of working
- Communicates well to cross-functional teams, both within finance and to the broader organization
- Proficient in US GAAP and ASC 606 revenue recognition principles
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in Professional Services, Technology or similar industries
- Hands-on experience with cloud based ERP & EPM systems beyond QuickBooks
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial/start-up and fast-paced work environment is a huge plus
- Healthy balance of controllership vs reasonable risk-taking and mind-set
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting – active CPA is preferred
The LeadingAgile Way
We believe that camaraderie and connection make the most significant impact on loving where you work. Since we don’t have an office for you to go to, we’ve been super intentional about creating avenues for our team to connect.
We work hard to safeguard time for you to do things like go to/speak at conferences, spin up a book club, or invest time into one of our countless communities of practice. We also have our virtual happy hours where we share a drink with 30-40 of our fellow employees.
What You Look For
- Flexible PTO
- Remote Work Opportunities
- In-house Fitness Coach
- Executive Coach for Career Growth
- Open-Door Policy with the CEO and Executives
We also offer two medical plans, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, and 401K participation.
Are you ready to join the team and work alongside some of the sharpest minds in the world of Agile? If so, we highly encourage you to fill out the form below and send us your resume today.
We can’t wait to meet you.