A Technical Consultant should be a seasoned software developer with a breadth of experience in multiple languages, software delivery disciplines and full systems Agile coaching. A personal emphasis on continued development of skills, as well as a familiarity with leading both from a technical and interpersonal perspective is needed, along with a passion for strong, test driven development coupled with a flexible and open view on new technical possibilities.
Senior Level Experience
- Multi-faceted career with deep delivery, consulting and coaching experience.
- Experienced developer; has delivered software solutions as a senior-level architect/developer; deep knowledge of industry standards and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to understand client business domains.
- Knowledgeable of new/emerging practices and coaching techniques.
- Servant leader with a Lean/Agile, perspective.
- Pragmatic approach, able to adapt approach to fit business context and constraints.
- Ability to operate autonomously to delivery outcomes as well as to work collaboratively on a team.
- Operates with Integrity.
- Critical thinker.
- Creative and innovative
- Continuous career learner. Current on state of art and trending approaches and technologies. Able to identify useful new approaches and technologies as they emerge
Coaching & Mentoring
- Positive focus with a diplomatic, and constructive demeanor.
- Strong technical leader with a collaborative mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Understands the value of diverse teams with differing levels of competency and the need to mentor and level up all team members. Comfortable mentoring team members at all levels of competence and experience.
Senior Level Software Architect / Developer
- System, solution architecture and design skills.
- Design and deliver solutions utilizing object-oriented and functional design paradigms, and design patterns.
- Polyglot developer; full stack experience.
- Able to drive and maintain code quality.
- Test-first, test-driven approach.
- Pair programming and cross-disciplinary pairing.
- Build and test automation
- Legacy Code Remediation
- Continuous integration
- Virtualization, cloud, and infrastructure as code
- Development pipeline and continuous delivery
- Competitive candidates will have experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundation (PCF)
- Works effectively with Kanban and Scrum approaches, and coaches and mentors teams to improve their lean/agile approach. This includes concepts and activities such as improving flow, limiting work in progress, backlog definition and refinement (e.g story breakdown), and fast delivery of value.
- Collaborate with Expedition Lead and Transformation coach to understand the Expedition roadmap and necessary outcomes.
- Develop and deliver coaching plan to get Expedition teams to their targeted outcomes.
- Effectively detect, communicate, and escalate organizational, technological, and other impediments.
- Teach and mentor Expedition team members on Lean/Agile approaches for flowing work.
- Teach and mentor Expedition team members on XP engineering practices, including TDD, CI and pairing. Facilitate code reviews, provide leadership perspective on design and code quality.
- Coach Expeditions within the system of delivery to implement DevOps practices and technologies, including delivery pipeline design and development, cloud technologies and infrastructure as code, and continuous delivery.
We’re not just offering you a job; we’re offering an unparalleled cultural experience and an unrivaled support system, too. We value you and your time. That’s why we have some truly unbelievable perks, such as: flexible vacation and expense policies, and the ability to work remotely. As if autonomy and work-life balance weren’t enough, we also offer a team of people dedicated to helping you take care of last minute travel needs, and helping you with various administrative tasks, like expense reports. This way you can spend more of your time bringing value to our clients and taking the best of yourself home to your loved ones.
- Two Medical Plans
- Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- And More….