A few weeks ago Dave Nicolette put up a blog post in FieldNotes called “Putting the Journey Into Journeyman” (https://tinyurl.com/ybehorv7). I really enjoyed the post and wanted to ask Dave some additional questions about the idea of a Journeyman, how to reach that state, and what happens once you get there.
In this episode of SoundNotes, Dave and I discuss what a Journeyman is, and what a Journeyman isn’t. We discuss the skills LeadingAgile expects from a software Journeyman, how to know if you’ve reached this state, and what you should expect to happen after you get there and each one of the states that comes after Journeyman. (Oh Look! A Squirell!)
This podcast is also a great resource if you have been interviewing with LeadingAgile and you’d like to get a handle on the mindset of the folks who work here and what we expect of one another.
If you’d like to check out Dave’s original blog post, you can find it here: “Putting the Journey Into Journeyman” –https://tinyurl.com/ybehorv7
Contacting Dave Nicolette
- LeadingAgile: https://www.leadingagile.com/guides/dave-nicolette/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/davenicolette
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davenicolette/
If you’d like to contact Dave you can reach him at:
- LeadingAgile: https://www.leadingagile.com/guides/dave-prior/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrsungo
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mrsungo
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question you’d like to submit for an upcoming podcast, please send them to email@example.com
And if you’re interested in taking one of our upcoming Certified ScrumMaster or Certified Scrum Product Owner classes, you can find all the details at https://www.leadingagile.com/our-gear/training/