Listen to the SoundNotes Podcast on the go!
Find and subscribe to SoundNotes on:
In this episode of SoundNotes, Len Greski joins Dave to discuss leadership and emotional systems. Len is a Principal Consultant at LeadingAgile and he has a background in sociology. As Len explains, “The most difficult challenge in delivering great products is getting people to work together.” During the interview, we explore emotional systems theory and how that can be applied within our organizations and teams to create sustainable change and deliver great products.
The Bowen Family Systems Theory was developed by Dr. Murray Bowen. It is rooted in taking a systems view in studying families and the relationship patterns that develop between family members. Bowen’s theory and the eight concepts that came out of it can also be applied to the workplace and the emotional systems we create and participate in day to day. The better you are able to understand these systems, the more able you will be to foster systems that lead to a positive outcome for your team, your organization, and your customer.
Links from the Podcast
- Bowen Family Systems Theory: https://www.thebowencenter.org
- Johari Window: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johari_window
- A Failure of Nerve by Edwin Friedman https://amzn.to/3Cxc6dD
Contacting Len Greski
If you’d like to contact Len, you can reach him at:
- LeadingAgile: https://www.leadingagile.com/guides/len-greski/
- LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/leonardgreski
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgreski
- GitHub: https://github.com/lgreski
- Email: Leonard.email@example.com
Contacting Dave Prior
If you’d like to contact Dave, you can reach him at:
- LeadingAgile: https://www.leadingagile.com/guides/dave-prior/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrsungo
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mrsungo
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question you’d like to submit for an upcoming podcast, please send them to Dave.