In this week’s SoundNotes, Tim Wise joins Dave Prior for a short conversation about Stretch Goals. Even if this is a topic you have a strong opinion about, this podcast has valuable information for you. Before the end the discussion, Tim offers up a version of stretch goals that is positive and healthy for a team.
- 02:35 Podcast Begins
- 02:44 Topic Intro: Stretch Goals
- 03:20 Tim’s initial thoughts on Stretch Goals at Team and Portfolio Level
- 06:08 Technical Debt
- 06:39 The difference between stretch goals and having a well groomed backlog full of “sprint ready” items
- 08:40 The lazy queue
- 09:13 Dave’s thoughts on Stretch Goals
- 10:31 A story of stretch goals gone wrong
- 11:30 The Stretch Goal Paradox explained
- 12:40 The negative Scrum team is not a knife you want to sharpen
- 13:12 Slack Resources and planning for personal slack which will be used for personal growth
- 17:38 Planning Healthy Stretch Goals to invest in giving the team more flexibility.
- 18:22 It’s not always about points.
- 21:00 Atlanta Scrum User Group update
The Stretch Goal Paradox
Atlanta Scrum User Group
LEADINGAGILE CSM & CSPO CLASSES
For information on LeadingAgile’s upcoming public CSM and CSPO classes, please go to: http://www.leadingagile.com/our-gear/training/ Use the discount code: LA_Podcast to receive a 15% discount on the class.
If you have comments on the podcast, or have questions for the LeadingAgile coaches that you’d like to have addressed in a future episode of LeadingAgile’s SoundNotes, you can reach Dave at email@example.com