Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner Training
CST Dave Prior leads the two-day immersive workshop which is divided into four Sprints and it begins with the attendees prioritizing the content that must be covered during the course. Throughout the course participants will get hands-on practice with the role of Product Owner by continually grooming the backlog, working on teams to create a new product and take it through the levels of Agile planning in the same way a Product Owner would. We’ll define product vision, create a Roadmap and Release Plan, work with User Stories, and several different techniques for prioritization. As we work through each stage of the Sprint, the attendees will get practice in fulfilling the responsibilities of the Product Owner. At the completion of each Sprint the class will inspect and plan to adapt during the Sprint Retrospective. Throughout the entire course, as the Scrum Framework is presented, our instructor will be addressing each topic with practical advice that stems from real world experience working with Scrum Teams.
Who should attend:
This course is ideal for anyone who will be working as a Product Owner, or who is responsible for product delivery on Agile teams. This course is also a great fit for management and senior management in organizations that are adopting Agile. While this course does cover the basics of Scrum, a key difference between with LeadingAgile’s Certified Scrum Product Owner course is the deep focus on successful product definition and delivery.
This course covers all the content required for Certified Scrum Product Owner Certification as defined by the Scrum Alliance here.
Agenda includes (but is not limited to):
- Agile and Scrum Basics
- Scrum Roles
- Product Owner Role in Depth
- Product Vision
- The Agile Roadmap
- Release Planning
- User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Definition of Done and Sprint Ready
- Prioritizing and Grooming the Product Backlog
- Story Mapping
- Agile Estimation
- The Role of the Product Owner in Scrum Meetings
- Scrum Artifacts
- Scrum Tracking and Reporting
If you have any questions about this class or our instructor, please feel free to contact us via phone or email. We are always happy to talk to prospective students.
- Class begins at 9 AM and will run until 5 PM both days
- Lunch will be provided
- Participants are required to be fully engaged in all class activities in order to qualify for Certified Scrum Product Owner. Students who miss more than 1 hour of class time will not be eligible for the certification
- Participants who complete this course qualify for 14 PDUs
- Registration includes 2 year certification with Scrum Alliance
* Group, military, student and unemployment discounts are available. For more information contact LeadingAgile Training.
What’s the refund policy?