In this episode of SoundNotes, Dean Stevens and Dave Prior dig into Capability Mapping, how it works and why it is such an important part of the transforming your organization.
Capability Mapping is a technique that can be used to quickly gain greater awareness of how an organization does what it does, what processes it uses to do what it does, and where there are opportunities to remove waste and optimize flow.
During the interview you’ll hear Dean walk through the steps of identifying the processes an organization has in place, understanding the value each process provides, and finding ways to optimize these processes for better performance. This approach will also help identify gaps your organization may need to resolve in order to achieve its’ goals.
Links from the Podcast
For some background on capability mapping, check out this Harvard Business Review Article:
If you’d like to follow up with Dean directly, here is how to reach him:
- Web: https://www.leadingagile.com/guides/dean-stevens/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/leanopinions
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevensdean/
- Email: email@example.com
If you’d like to contact Dave you can reach him at:
- LeadingAgile: https://www.leadingagile.com/guides/dave-prior/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrsungo
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mrsungo
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question you’d like to submit for an upcoming podcast, please send them to email@example.com
And if you’re interested in taking one of our upcoming Certified ScrumMaster or Certified Scrum Product Owner classes, you can find all the details at https://www.leadingagile.com/our-gear/training/