Listen to the SoundNotes Podcast on the go!
Find and subscribe to SoundNotes on:
This podcast is our third in a series of conversations focused on Fixed vs. Growth Mindset. Leveraging the work in Carol Dwek’s book, Mindset, Mary Kaufman and Dave Prior explore the differences between having a fixed mindset and a growth mindset. Each episode of this series focuses on how our mindset impacts the way we perceive and respond to different types of stimulus/events.
This episode is focused on effort and the differences between how a fixed mindset and a growth mindset perceive the value we receive from applying ourselves at work. Do we see the effort spent as a waste of time, or a step towards achieving some level of mastery that can be a reward all by itself?
Other Episodes in our Growth Mindset Series
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success – by Carol Dweck https://amzn.to/3yYpyn3
- Fixed vs Growth Mindset graphic referenced in the interview (created by Nigel Holmes) https://bit.ly/3vWO1Hh
- LeadingAgile: https://www.leadingagile.com/guides/mary-kaufmann/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mary-kaufmann-305b844/
- Email: Mary.Kaufmann@leadingagile.com
Contacting Dave Prior
- LeadingAgile: https://www.leadingagile.com/guides/dave-prior/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrsungo
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mrsungo
- Email: email@example.com
If you have a question you’d like to submit for an upcoming podcast, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you’re interested in taking one of our upcoming Certified ScrumMaster or Certified Scrum Product Owner classes, you can find all the details at https://www.leadingagile.com/our-gear/training/